Friday, June 4, 2010

Pre Farm Chicks

My first item purchased on our drive to Farm Chicks in Spokane. This was at a second hand/hunting/gun store 45 mintes from Missy's.
I am going to keep the very worn green leather on it. I like the aged look to it. I am going to paint the wood though.


Doll carriage and blue metal high chair. I stared at it for a while wondering what I could do with them. They were a good price but did I 'need' them?
Then Missy had a great idea. The blue high chair would be cute in a bathroom for towels and such. You could hand things on it, put a pail on the seat. Same for the buggy. Sold.

I didnt buy this sled but I had to take a picture. I had never seen an 8 seater sled before. At this store I did buy a large rectangular light fixture that was very Anthropologie. It is wrapped up because it is made from abalone shell.
What else? I bought a red shortening pail and steel pitcher that would look great with flowers, a Civil War era quilt top in reds, whites and blues (for 10$!!), and 2 small blue vintage suitcases for covering in fabric.
Oh, Missy bought 2 metal beds and a sofa table.
I passed up 8 fiddle back chairs and an old egg crate.
See you tomorrow with the goodies from farm Chicks.


3 comments:

  1. you have me drooling...i once rode a 8 seater like that and it did not end well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you're maintaining the weathered look of the chair. It's very shabby chic! :)

    ReplyDelete