Sunday, January 31, 2010

Cupcakes and Storage


I am not sure what this used to be. A radio? It has the stereo type front and some small holes on the inside bottom. Maybe it was refashioned from other things. What ever the case it was a great color and it made its way into my van.


And didnt have to do a darn thing to it. No room at my house or it would have stayed. Great to put blankets or games in.


Jennifer and I talked about glass cupcake stands. She was going to order some from a catalogue. I told her I could make them cheaper and have them to her tomorrow. The cheese dome fits perfect too.
I saw a tutorial for upturned glasses and plates (like the one middle front) and wanted to link to it but I cant seem to locate it right now. Under the cup she put tiny vignettes and a piece of felt of fancy paper for it to sit on. It was so cute. Some moss and tiny red mushrooms. I'll keep looking.
I used bread plates and saucers for the top and candle sticks and goblets for the bottoms. Clear drying epoxy glued the pieces together.


2 comments:

  1. I love both the ex-radio stand and the cake stands - I would have never have thought of creating a cake stand. I need a non-glass one that my cat can't tip over and steal the cake from...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just too clever! Beautiful and thrifty!!

    ReplyDelete