Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Teacher's Desk

I was debating whether to show the before or the after first. The after won out.
I stood before the sanded and prepped table, squinting my eyes, trying to visualize different colors. Black? Cream? Sanding, no sanding?


I had a half gallon of colonial red and gave it a try. Then I sanded it and rubbed on a walnut stain. It reminds me of an old teacher's desk. It even has a pencil holder along the top of the desk.

Here is the before. I had started to sand the top when I remembered to take a photo for the before shot. The top had decals as well.
The shop I sell my furniture at, The Laughing Daisy in Kimberly, Idaho, is closed until Monday. I have a porch full of projects and I am hoping to have a truck full to take.


3 comments:

  1. I love what the colonial red does for it. (This is Jo - for whatever reason, it won't let me use my Google ID)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I knew how to do this. I am a sucker for red or white furniture.

    ReplyDelete